Swallow’s Tavern, located at 1914 South Avenue, is a restaurant and bar that caters to small and large events for the City’s south side. The entire site consisted of impervious areas, which produced large amounts of stormwater runoff. In order to manage the property runoff from the large impervious surfaces, Swallow’s partnered with the Onondaga County Save the Rain program to implement green infrastructure elements throughout the property.
The project featured 6,600 square feet of porous asphalt parking lanes, designed to capture the runoff from the entire 18,625 square foot parking area. The existing plumbing system was modified to direct the roof runoff to a drywell system, located within the parking area. In addition to the porous asphalt and drywell, the project removed approximately 1,605 square feet of existing pavement, replacing with added green space including small shrubs and mulch.
Approximately 22,200 square feet of green infrastructure was installed to capture an estimated 426,800 gallons of stormwater annually.
Download project details below: